Whether you're going out for a walk or a run, to the gym to lift weights, or to the pool to swim a few laps, the self-affirmation involved in the concept of "going out" or "going to" something for ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Our body's are composed of 70% water. Just like a swimming pool or fish tank, our body's water has a range that the pH level MUST be in. Too much acid puts excessive strain on the organs and cells of the body which work to buffer the pH levels back to a safe range.
In addition to this, having too much acid in the body can be a breeding ground for bacteria. It may also promote chronic inflammation, weaken the immune system and slow down the healing process.
If we go back to high school sciences we can recall the following pH scale:
Our body must maintain an average pH level between 7.35 - 7.45.
That is why we must alkalize our body on a daily basis! The term alkalize means to create a more basic environment. We must ingest foods that are closer to our body's own natural pH levels and eliminate the harmful acidic foods from our diets as well.
Below are examples of acidic & basic (alkaline) foods:
The idea is to maintain a ration of 80:20 meaning 80% of your diet is alkaline and the other 20% may be acidic.
I know we are not living in a perfect world; work, family, kids etc. can get in the way from eating 5 - 6 alkaline meals a day.
In this situation, supplements are beneficial.
Active Chiropractic Care carries the Greens Plus product for this reason. It helps alkalize your body on the go. Simply mix it with water and drink it to get it into your system.
People who have drank the Greens Plus product on a regular basis claim to experience a higher level of energy and immune function.
In addition to getting more green leafy foods into your system and eliminating the acidic foods above, drinking water which is more alkaline will help you keep your pH levels more consistent.
For this reason, we have partnered with The pHountain store here in Commack, NY.
Phountain carries a water filtration system that purifies, mineralizes, and alkalizes drinking water. This will also help increase the alkalinity of your body. Click above to learn more!